Frontier Developments premiered the gameplay reveal trailer for the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey expansion at The Game Awards 2021.
Here is an overview of the expansion, via Frontier Developments:
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will allow Commanders to explore distant worlds on foot for the very first time, taking on new missions and engaging in intense tactical combat, seamlessly merging with Elite: Dangerous’ iconic cockpit experience players have come to know and love. Players will be able to customize their characters for ground operations with different specialized suits and gear options and meet with other Commanders in social hubs across the galaxy. These hubs will provide ideal locations to plan their next move, form alliances and acquire and upgrade new equipment.
Action takes on a new dimension in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey through multiple spheres of combat. Starships, ground vehicles and commanders collide during devastating air-to-ground firefights. Players will be able to choose from an array of weapons and gear to suit their own play style and try to gain a tactical advantage, but it will be up to them to choose between all-out guns-blazing action or taking a stealthier approach.
Elite: Dangerous is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store, and Frontier Store. The Elite Dangerous: Odyssey expansion is due out in early 2021 for $39.99 / £29.99 / €34.99.
Watch the trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Esports Smarties. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content/language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Esports Smarties reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.